The Bloodborne Pathogens course is designed to meet Occupational Safety
and Health Administration (OSHA) 1910.1030 requirements
for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
The course is designed to provide students with the essential
knowledge necessary to help reduce or eliminate the occupational
risk of Bloodborne Pathogens. The training program teaches the
information every employee who has occupational exposure needs to
know to avoid accidental exposure to potentially infectious materials
and to manage an accidental exposure if one occurs.
The course is designed for workplace personnel in settings such as:
- Industry and manufacturing
- Fortune 1500 companies
- Occupational health
- Property management
- Health and fitness staff
- Childcare workers
- School personnel
- Maintenance workers
- Tattoo artists
- State corrections facilities
Topics included in the course include:
- What are Bloodborne Pathogens?
- Specific Bloodborne Pathogens such as Hepatitis and HIV
- Transmitting Bloodborne Pathogens
- Your Employer’s Exposure Control Plan
- Recognizing the Potential for Exposure
- Methods to Control the Risk of Exposure
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hepatitis Immunization
- When an Exposure Occurs
- OSHA Regulations
- Communicating a Hazard in the Workplace
This course is approximately 2 hours and is taught on-request for groups of four or more.
- $25/pp for groups of four or more
- $250/course for groups of up to 20
- $10/pp if added to a CPR course
Course fee includes instruction, textbook, and course completion certificate.
For dates and times of all courses offered in our Woburn training center,
please check our Class Calendar.
Or Contact Us to set up an on-site or blended course.
Copyright© 2019-2022 Emergency Response Training, LLC. All Rights Reserved.