Immediate bystander intervention can make a lifesaving difference
in opioid overdoses. This course presents what an opioid is, an overview of the
opioid crisis, training on how to recognize an overdose, and use
several different Narcan/Naloxone delivery devices.
Course Topics Include:
- Actions, benefits, and risks of opioids on the human body
- Causes and effects of opioid overdose
- The opioid epidemic in the U.S.
- How bystander intervention impacts survival rates
- How to safely recognize a possible opioid overdose
- How to administer naloxone using Narcan Nasal Spray,
the EVZIO® auto-injector,
and a prefilled syringe and mucosal atomizer device
- Precautions following the administration of naloxone
The course is approximately one hour long and includes both lecture and
We teach this on-request for groups of four or more.
For dates and times of all courses offered in our Woburn training center,
please check our Class Calendar.
Or Contact Us to set up an on-site course.
Copyright© 2019-2023 Emergency Response Training, LLC. All Rights Reserved.