Immediate bystander intervention can make a lifesaving difference
in opioid overdoses. This course presents what an opioid is, an overview of the
opioid crisis, training on how to recognize an overdose, and use
several different Narcan/Naloxone delivery devices.
Course Topics Include:
- Actions, benefits, and risks of opioids on the human body
- Causes and effects of opioid overdose
- The opioid epidemic in the U.S.
- How bystander intervention impacts survival rates
- How to safely recognize a possible opioid overdose
- How to administer naloxone using Narcan Nasal Spray,
the EVZIO® auto-injector,
and a prefilled syringe and mucosal atomizer device
- Precautions following the administration of naloxone
The course is approximately one hour long and includes both lecture and
We teach this on-request for groups of four or more.
Copyright© 2019 Emergency Response Training, LLC. All Rights Reserved.